In keeping with the Christmas Holiday tradition I thought I would create my own, tongue in cheek, version of “The 12 days of Christmas.” Obviously, sung to the tune, I am only going to list the individual day verses.
“On the X day of Christmas my sensei gave to me:”
· Twelfth: Twelve months of continued employment
· Eleventh: Eleven emails from lean senseis
· Tenth: Ten kanban cards
· Ninth: Nine poke yokes
· Eighth: Eight Kaizen bursts
· Seventh: Seven new work cells
· Sixth: Six andon lights
· Fifth: Only Five S’s
· Fourth: Four re-purposed work teams
· Third: Three complete value stream maps
· Second: Two pull supermarkets
· First: a fully filled out A3
My best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy holiday season. Here is hoping that the Lean and Six Sigma communities soon realize that there is more to life than just their own way of improving.