Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Twelve Days of Lean Christmas

In keeping with the Christmas Holiday tradition I thought I would create my own, tongue in cheek, version of “The 12 days of Christmas.”  Obviously, sung to the tune, I am only going to list the individual day verses. 
“On the X day of Christmas my sensei gave to me:”
·        Twelfth: Twelve months of continued employment
·        Eleventh: Eleven emails from lean senseis
·        Tenth: Ten kanban cards
·        Ninth: Nine poke yokes
·        Eighth: Eight Kaizen bursts
·        Seventh:  Seven new work cells
·        Sixth: Six andon lights
·        Fifth:  Only Five S’s
·        Fourth: Four re-purposed work teams
·        Third: Three complete value stream maps
·        Second: Two pull supermarkets
·        First: a fully filled out A3

My best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy holiday season.  Here is hoping that the Lean and Six Sigma communities soon realize that there is more to life than just their own way of improving.
Post a Comment